1. A comparison of two papers describing methane pollution of groundwater wells near fracking operations
2. Concludes that groundwater pollution from shale gas extraction is dependent on local geology
3. Mechanisms of pollution transport from fracking wells to groundwater are poorly understood
4. Further study is required into the factors contributing to pollution from shale gas extraction ... Read More
Today the Kenya authorities have announced the discovery a large underground water aquifer. This aquifer would help the country have access to the most critical natural resource needed in a developing nation. Now an plans need to be made to safeguard the natural resource as well as plans for infrastructure to deliver water to the populace. ... Read More
The United Nations and Kenyan officials on Wednesday announced the discovery of a potentially enormous underground supply of water, a find they said could improve the lives of generations of people in impoverished northern Kenya, if not the entire nation. ... Read More
A new study by the University of Hawaii shows the Hawaii state is on pace to lose 100 feet of beach in the coming decades as a result of sea level rise due to climate change. ... Read More
How much would you be willing to pay to restore a forest that you canâ€™t see in order to preserve water resources? Researchers at Northern Arizona University found that those who draw irrigation water from the Verde River Watershed in Arizona would be willing to pay an average of $183.50 each year to fund forest restoration. ... Read More
Approximately 200 miles above the Earthâ€™s surface, two satellites circle the planet, always between 106 and 193 miles apart. But while these twinsâ€”called Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE)â€”live in space, theyâ€™re providing invaluable assistance in managing natural resources on the ground. ... Read More
Approximately 200 miles above the Earth's surface, two satellites circle the planet, always between 106 and 193 miles apart. But while these twins -- called Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) -- live in space, they're providing invaluable assistance in managing natural resources on the ground. ... Read More
Managing water resources is demanding more attention from farmers. The most commonly publicized concerns are related to supply and demand for irrigation water. But drainage water probably impacts even more farmers and acreage. Drainage of excess water has been a key factor in U.S. crop production for over 100 years. Much of the tall-grass prairie of the Central and Eastern Corn Belt was unusable ... Read More
In San Carlos, hot springs have been used to help show the medical usages of water as well as to help bring in tourism. Before the plan of site, American Association of Spas and International Thermal Tourism was consulted. Which agreed that there is a need to help train more professionals in such medical knowledge. ... Read More
1. A new Indian study shows groundwater depletion common in Kerala, like Punjab and Tamil Nadu.
2. This is important because agriculture, wetlands and drinking water supplies all depend on groundwater.
3. This is linked directly to course content since groundwater depletion is discussed in class.
4. reduce rate of groundwater usage through changes to policy and agricultural pra ... Read More
Post your link and give it the chance of becoming favorite among many submissions!