Parceling out water
More infrastructure needed?
Water use restrictions
*Southern California ... read more >>
There is no resource more important than water for securing a strong, prosperous future for America. Clean, abundant water is essential for protecting public health, growing our food, supporting business and industry, and conserving our natural heritage. ... read more >>
The South Asia Center’s Water Conflict in South Asia project announces the release of its first issue-brief, Water Insecurity: A Threat for Pakistan and India, By Dr. Shahid Ahmad, chief scientist at the Pakistan Agricultural Research Council. The brief provides an overview of water security issues in Pakistan, the impact of the Indus Water Treaty on India-Pakistan relations, and provides recomme ... read more >>
Does the direction water drains away down a plughole really change according to which side of the equator you are on? Fiona Foster goes to the equator to put what is known as the Coriolis effect to the test by walking between the northern and southern hemispheres and aided by "Professor" Kylo with a jug, bowl and piece of wood. ... read more >>
About 70% of the earth's surface is covered in water, but 97% of it is saltwater, which is unfit for human use. Saltwater cannot be used for drinking, crop irrigation or most industrial uses. Of the remaining 3% of the world's water resources, only about 1% is readily available for human consumption
Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/06/water.asp#ixzz2AjV720St ... read more >>
Water, usually thought of as soothing and caressing, is surprisingly heavy — and surprisingly destructive.
A typical bathtub holds 40 gallons or so of water. That is 330 pounds. A cubic yard of it, filling what at first glance seems a modest volume of 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet, weighs nearly 1,700 pounds, as much as the Smart micro car. ... read more >>
A look into a typical hydrant flush. This process is done systematically to keep chlorine residual in areas with low water use high. Also, is done following a customer complaint about the water quality. These are some of the required tasks that are taken to ensure your water quality is high. What does bottled water companies do for you??
How can water hammer be prevented in such flushes? ... read more >>
We know that pollution travels the globe -- what emissions one country emits affects other countries. But exactly how those emissions travel is of interest to researchers. Satellite imagery showing smoke from a fire in Siberia could help with one piece of that puzzle. ... read more >>